Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 339



December 5, 2011

the one where we bundled up in warm, cozy sweaters for our SMYRT Christmas party! Every year I’m blown away by the ridiculousness of the white elephant gifts, but this year was something else! A grilled cheese sandwich + “Swedish Fish! ... A REAL fish!!” + Spiderman dishes + a Disney Princess basketball hoop + a tiny glass pig with wings (named Penelope!) + a spitball shooter + a vuvuzela + Candy Land + a baby giraffe pillow pet + a hilarious flower pot + a shovel + much more = SMYRTastic. Since this was our last meeting of the semester, new leadership was also revealed today! I couldn’t be more excited or thankful to be the new Communications Coordinator! Things I’m especially thankful for today: wonderful friends, this awesome ministry, my new little glass friend, Penelope! (Isn’t she sweet? Pretty sure it was love at first sight.)

PS: I heard today’s Christmas song on KSBJ--I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment