Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 277



October 4, 2011

the one where we had our annual Texas A&M Terry Scholar Banquet! Reuniting with amazing people + having the opportunity to shake the hand of the wonderful man who is paying for my college education + hanging out with President Loftin in all his bowtie-wearing glory + eating delicious food with the same dishes and utensils used by George & Barbara Bush + keeping it classy with multiple plates, 2 different knives, 3 different forks, 2 glasses, and a small coffee cup + listening to a beautiful speech by the Associate Dean in the College of Science, who reminded us that the key to changing the world is by appreciating everything we’ve been given, and living our lives for others rather than ourselves + a quote from Sir Isaac Newton: “If I have seen further, it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants” = Thank you, Mr. Terry, for being that giant and allowing me to see and experience things I wouldn’t have been able to without your help. I only hope that I can one day become a giant so that others can see further and live fuller lives because of me!

I am so thankful. How I can have this many blessings is beyond me!

PS: Enjoy the song of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment