Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 269



September 26, 2011

the one where we celebrated Stephanie’s 22nd birthday! (Yes, I said twenty-two! I know, right? Is this real life?) As you can probably tell, this whole coming-of-age thing is still a bit surreal for me. I’m sure one of these days we’ll all be turning 83 and I’ll be freaking out yet again, telling everyone that age is “nothing more than a state of mind, for goodness sake!” And Steph, when that day comes, rest assured that I will call you up (or maybe teleport? We’ll see.) and sing to you the same way I sung to you in statistics today! Get excited. :)

Sharing a family-style dinner at Johnny Carino’s + celebrating Stephanie’s life + wonderful friends + lots of love + laughing our heads off + Paul bringing the birthday cake (with special sparkly “rocket fuel icing”) + treasuring our youth = splendiferous.

(Ummm…I had no idea that was an actual word until just now when the little red underline didn’t appear. And we thought we made it up, didn’t we, Thomas and Lucas? You learn something new every day!)

PS: I heard this song on KSBJ on my way home from class today. LOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment