Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 246



September 3, 2011

the one where I went to a housewarming party for the ladies of Mother Teresa’s Village…on the right day this time! Allow me to explain:

Remember the first day I got the keys to Casa Agape…and then I embarrassed myself by accidentally showing up at the wrong house? Well, last Saturday I had a similar experience, except I showed up at the right house…just on the wrong day!

I kind of felt like this guy:


Hannah, Evelyn, Kendall, Rebecca, and Celine recently moved into their house, and I was really excited for their housewarming party last week…but was slightly confused when I drove up and didn’t see very many cars. “Maybe a lot of people already left,” I thought. I went ahead and rang the doorbell anyway, and the girls welcomed me with hugs and showed me their pretty home. It didn’t cross my mind until about ten minutes later when one of the girls pulled out a cookbook and said, “we should make this for our housewarming party!” that I realized this was not actually the housewarming party. And I just had to laugh and tell them about my little mix-up! You girls are so sweet; thank you for not making too much fun of me! :) And thank you Lord, for the lesson in humility. You always know how to keep me grounded!

Aaand these girls have such creative decorations all over their house--I especially love this quote on the living room wall! Catch phrase + cake balls + Empire = awesome. I love these girls and their cute house! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment