Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 254



September 11, 2011

the one where we remembered 9/11. Can you believe it’s been 10 years already? It’s hard to believe. I still remember sitting in my 6th grade science class, not understanding anything that was going on, but feeling very, very thankful that my family and friends were all around me, safe & sound. Not knowing if anything was going to happen to us, but fully acknowledging the gift of the present moment, and savoring the feeling of togetherness. It’s moments like these that force our eyes open—open to see things the way we should always see them: as momentary, ephemeral gifts that can be taken away at any time. Lord, may we always be vigilant, abounding in thanksgiving for Your gifts, and willing to forgive those who trespass against us. Amen.

Today was also the one where I found out that Katy and Colton got engaged (AH!!! I’m so happy for you both!), and I got some special surprises from Thomas & Lucas when they came back from home. Thanks for the banana bread and apple cake, Momsie! You’re the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment